Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Job Hunt is on Again......

I currently work in Broomfield, north and west of Denver, and live in Southeast Aurora (also south and east of Denver). It is 46 miles from my parking spot to work. The commute is generally during high traffic times as Denver is high traffic about 16 out of 24 hours per day. If you drive between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM you miss some of the traffic, but it is still surprising how much is out there. Add the traffic congestion to the cost of gas, and you get a less than desirable situation. Now, add to that the fact that the company I work for is not exactly paying top dollar (at least not to me) and you get a less than satisfied employee. As a result, you are right, I am on the job hunt again.

To that end, I have set up a Website with jobfox.com. The URL is http://www.jobfox.com/people/SharleneJustus

Feel free to look at the site, and recommend it to anyone you know who might be hiring a Project Manager. I would love to keep the commute to 10 miles or less, and I am definitely interested in raising the pay rate to something more commensurate with my experience.

The good news is that I am employed while I look for a better situation. After the last couple of years with no income, it is good to have "something" coming in. Now I am working on making that "something" enough to actually support us, Mother and me, though the entire month. We have pared down to bare bones, and now need to supplement our income.

Well, "lunch" is nearly over, and I need to get back to work. I hope your day is going well, and I hope you will help in this networking effort.

Thank you,

No comments: